Call Now to speak to attorney Bethany Macktaz 401-490-0717
Divorcing families face immeasurable financial and emotional burdens that can create stress and discomfort particularly for small children. Parents who are unsure of custody arrangements tend to impart this indecision onto the minor children, creating behavior and emotional issues. It is always in the best interest of the child to have an experienced attorney assist you with child custody issues that may come up in your divorce proceeding.
Bethany Macktaz can assist you in all family court matters including child support, child custody, and other divorce issues. A former Assistant Attorney General, Bethany has the skills of a trained negotiator and will be able to help you arrive at an agreement that will be not only in the best interests of the children, but you as well.
Family Court Judges take a great many factors into consideration when determining where the minor children of a marriage will thrive in relation to which parent should have physical placement. Because the standard is in "the best interest of the child" and can mean many things, having the advice and guidance of a qualified Domestic Relations and Family Court Attorney like Bethany is vital. Some of the factors considered by the court include, but are not limited to:
- Whether the parents are financially, emotionally, and intellectually able to properly care for the child individually;
- The mental and physical health of the parties involved;
- The stability of the home environment:
- If the child is old enough, where they would most wish to be;
- Whether the parents are able to uphold and maintain a working relationship with one another; and,
- Whether there are other siblings or adults in either household who would be a detriment to the child's best interests.
Family Court cases can be long and complex in their scope, with rules, regulations, and mandates that you cannot possibly know or keep track of while simultaneously managing your own life, divorce, and children. The time to 'go it alone' is not when the lives of your children are at stake. You need someone with you who will help you maintain a clear view of the issues and help to guide you through the legal process. If you need assistance with a Child Custody matter, or your RI Divorce matter, contact Bethany Macktaz now at (401) 490-0717, or by email at Bethany@MacktazLaw.com. You may also use the confidential contact form HERE for more information.